These are hazardous and other items which carriers are prohibited by law from transporting:
- Paints or flammables
- Aerosol cans and pressurized containers including deodorant, shaving cream, hair spray
- Fire extinguishers
- Light bulbs and fluorescent bulbs
- Nail polish remover
- Open liquor bottles
- Shoe polish
- Chemistry sets
- Propane gas
- Lighter fluid
- Cord wood
NOTE: Guns can be moved as long as they have the bolt, firing pin and trigger assembly disassembled. There are various state and federal laws you should check. Overseas shipments are subject to individual country regulations.
The ‘before the move garage sale help list’:
- Be realistic about prices. What would you be willing to pay?
- Label everything with a price ahead of time.
- Place a classified ad in the newspaper, and put signs up in the neighborhood .
- Allow several days for sorting and labeling.
- Be willing to haggle.
- Display merchandise on tables.
- Set up displays the night before your sale or very early.
- Be ready for early birds.
- Start with lots of change and take checks only from people you know.
- Remove your neighborhood signs after the sale is over!
Moving – the last items to pack
The last items packed should be all the items you’ll need when you arrive at your new home:
- Cereals, soups, snack & lunch items
- Coffee, tea, coffee cups, cream & sugar, powdered drinks
- Coffee maker or teapot
- Paper plates, napkins, cups, paper towels, plastic silverware and serving spoons
- Pots, pans, bottle opener, can opener
- Trash bags, paper and plastic bags, aluminum foil, plastic wrap
- Cleaning supplies, including rags, cleanser, window cleaner
- Dish soap, bath soap, and towels
- Toilet paper & tissues
- A bag containing screws, nails, hooks, etc.
- Extension cords
- Screwdrivers, hammer, small tools (drill) and scissors
- A flashlight
- A radio
- A first aid kit
- A phone book from your previous area
- Toys, books, crayons for the kids